Monday, March 23, 2015

Peer Review: Mike Body, Seeing Giants ft. King Medullah



  I've always been impressed with the production quality of hip hop music, Seeing Giants by Mike Body is no exception. The introduction to the song is intense and immediately draws the listener in. The beats are a little bit repetitive but the hook is extremely catchy and will likely stick in my head for days. The song tackles some difficult issues, the death of a friend as a product of the neighborhood was the part that really struck me although there are many poignant revelations within the song that presumably informed who Mike Body is today. Given his transformation he seems to have narrowly avoided a life of criminal activity in favor of sobriety and success. I might say the track is a little bit long for my taste.
  After a second listen I realized that this track had religious content and that the big "transformation" he was celebrating was that of becoming a Christian. While I don't believe religion will necessarily save someone from their circumstances, this song carries with it a positive message for listeners who can't decide between a gun or a bible.

By Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment