Monday, March 23, 2015

Peer Review: Baifan, Running In Slow Motion



The track I reviewed this week was Running In Slow Motion by the Brooklyn rock band, Baifan. It's definitely got a vibe. Sounds like The Strokes mixed with elements of 60s psychedelia. The title definitely suits the song. The guitar drone played over eighth note rhythms gives a nice push and pull effect to the music. The vocalist has a very strong unique rock and roll voice. The guitar solo could be a little stronger and I heard some rhythmic discrepancies from the drums from time to time, but hey it's definitely got a vibe. I would have to see this band live to make my final assessment but I would hope they bring a lot of energy to the stage because that's what this music really calls for.

By Matt David

No comments:

Post a Comment